Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tragic Ends



Everyone's a fan of some sweet, wholesome hardcore, yeah?

Well, somewhat far from wholesome, but still pretty sweet, is the new demo from Bay Area bastards, Tragic Ends.

After an intro featuring Satan himself, we are subject to almost twelve minutes of yelling and thrashy goodness. With the longest song being three minutes and fifteen seconds long, the seven song demo is a little short lived.
And that is my only complaint.

Even Sister Isabelle, the nun who taught me cursive in second grade, would have been nodding her head at the end of the third track, "Alone, All Alone." Actually, thats how I feel about the rest of the demo too. If you're not thrashing your head off at the beginning of "Disharmony," or groovin' to the bass line of the Leadbelly cover "In The Pines," you're head bobbing or taping your foot to a solid 4/4. And they finish the demo off right with the very heavy "Hidden in an Allegory."

And these fellows put on a hell of a live set too. I've had the good fortune of seeing them perform twice. Each time I was super stoked and I'm looking forward to the next time.

But don't take my word for it. Download:

Tragic Ends - Demo 2011

And here's their Facebook:

Tragic Ends on Facebook

Love,
The Patron

No comments:

Post a Comment