Monday, May 16, 2011

Resting Bell


I don't know how you guys feel about Ambient/Textural/Experimental stuff, but I know that I am rather found of it. There was awhile where this sort of thing was all i listened to, along with a  lot of straight noise music. Resting Bell is a NetLabel based out of Berlin germany that specializes in really atmospheric ambient stuff. Nothing to noisy or too busy, but all together wonderful or awesome.


~ ~ ~ - Grass Note





Resting Bell's First release, Grass note, by ~~~ (Triple Sones).The opening track of the album, "The Life, Death and Ascension of a Dragon Fly, is one that differs quite a bit from the other stuff that they put out after wards, its kind of busy, more melody driven. Despite what i previously stated, but I can't help but just love it! The whole Grass Note album is rather diverse in its own ambient way but is altogether very good. With tracks like the aforementioned one and the more drone type stuff like, "Tones of Our Trouble". This was the first thing from Resting Bell I heard, so it's a good place to start.

Slow - Dual Box



Slow's second release on Resting Bell, Dual Box, was released quite a bit after Grass Note ( 71 releases later actually) but is still a good listen. I haven't had time to give the whole thing a good solid listen yet, but I couldn't resist posting about it, due to its sweet artwork. I'm really stuck on plain somewhat stark images. So far I really like this release, it's got some neat little percussive elements that seem to be popping up and it seems even like there's some field recordings. So give it a listen and let me know how it goes!

-The Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment