Sunday, May 8, 2011

LeATHERMOUTH



Some 4-5 years ago, My Chemical Romance was my default band. *Turn on something to listen to, scroll to MCR*. Now things aren't quite the same, although I still think MCR is way awesome, especially "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" (I may be biased though). I spend most of my time now listening to more aggressive stuff, or stuff that's entirely different.

This band, LeATHERMOUTH, came up a little while back, followed with, "Yeah its Frank Iero from MCR's other band". The name drop there certainly made it more interesting, so I had to check it out.  I am more than pleased.

Im a huge fan of the unrefined, somewhat screechy vocals, the songs are shorter than the general 3:30, but not as short as some 1:30 long songs you find in a lot of aggressive music. I find it kind of refreshing actually because if you  get into a song, or a riff it's not gone before you can say, "Man this part is cool!".

The songs are punchy, and for the most part, fast. They start, and just go, without stopping our slowing, and are in your face.  To me, it has a lot of that 1-2-3-GO! sort of feel that you'd fine in, Some Girls, or Lewd Acts maybe. The song has a point, and it delivers it, no hidden musical themes here. The "punk" feel certainly isn't the most original thing but, who cares!

I read that Frank wasn't in the band when it started, and was going to sign them to his label. However after their original front man failed at getting his job done, Frank took his place. They are now signed to Epitaph, instead of Mr. Iero's label.

That being said, i'm not sure how much writing Frank does here, but good job to all involved!

So here you go,
LeATHERMOUTH

- The Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment