Monday, May 16, 2011

How Tragic



While doing some research into The Kingsford Run (fantastic, but a discussion for another time) I came across the clothing company which sponsors them. Then I listened to all the other bands that City of Horror (the clothing company) sponsored. They were all good... but then I came across this band How Tragic.
Mind sufficiently blown.


I was actually reminded of the Kinsford Run. Maybe a little less grimey. Something like the Chariot in parts, but with a bit more thechnique on the guitar and more melody. Factoring that in, these folks lack nothing in heaviness. And they're good and mathy too; it's not all fours and threes so you don't get bored.
For real, these dudes have it all.

Hailing form Baltimore, Maryland, my main wish is that they were closer to me. I also wish I knew how to get ahold of their EP "Get Dead." I'm sure some of you are more resourceful than I, though, so knock yourselves out.

Now we come to the truly tragic part of the story. According to their Facebook, How Tragic decided to quit this past February after a series of unsuccesful lineup changes (pussies). I'm honestly really bummed; they would have done great in the future.

This cloud does have a silver lining, however. Some of the dudes started up another project called "Whenskiesaregray" ('cause who needs spaces, right?) I have nothing to report on then since they have no music up yet and they are still in Maryland, which I believe is still quite far from California. But keep and eye out.

Here are some links:

How Tragic on Myspace

How Tragic on Facebook

Whenskiesaregray on Facebook

Love,
The Patron

1 comment:

  1. Music is available at http://whenskiesaregray.bandcamp.com/album/we-built-walls-so-our-hearts-couldnt-cross

    ReplyDelete